Thursday, November 24, 2016

My Goal in Mathematics

My Action PlanRelated to my Mathematics Program


My goal:

Increase proportional reasoning skills in all students.

The importance of this goal:

One of the articles that I read during LE#3 emphasized the importance of proportional reasoning. I completed further research and found evidence, specifically knowledge of fractions in grade six can be linked to future success in high school math. Students who have a deep understanding of fractions are more successful in high school math than students who struggle with fractions at the grade 6 level.

One thing will I focus one:

One thing I will focus on is including a mini lesson on proportional reasoning in each classroom that I am in. I have looked back on the classrooms that I have been in, and the majority of the classrooms have been primary. Therefore, I will focus on creating mini lessons for primary classes.

I ensure I am making progress towards my goal by,

Ensuring my goal becomes more specific, “I will carry out a proportional reasoning mini lesson in at least 1 classroom per week”.
Short term actions will I take to meet my goal?
I will develop 5 mini lessons that can be used in Kindie/Primary classrooms. These lessons will focus on basic number sense and numeration lessons that are essential links to proportional reasoning, for example skip counting.
My long terms goals:
My long term goal is to develop mini lessons, focusing on proportional reasoning, from 4-8.
What resources can support me in meeting my goals?
The following resources can help me to meet my immediate goals:

Resources to support me in meeting my long term goals:



No comments:

Post a Comment